Re: Problem with euro symbol

От Stijn Vanroye
Тема Re: Problem with euro symbol
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Yann PICHOT schreef:
> I use ODBC ANSI.
>
> I test ODBC Unicode but when i use it, SELECT statement don't return
> character column (CHAR and VARCHAR) and my database is not in Unicode0
>
> 2006/9/18, Stijn Vanroye < s.vanroye@easytowork.nl
> <mailto:s.vanroye@easytowork.nl>>:
>
>     Yann PICHOT schreef:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > I have a 8.1.4 database on windows with LATIN9 codepage .
>      > In Java application (use JDBC driver postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar) on
>      > Windows i write characters with euro symbole (ALT GR+E on my
>     keyboard).
>      > When i retrieve these characters data in my java application i
>     see the
>      > correct charater for euro symbol.
>      > But when i retrieve these data with application use ODBC driver
>      > ( 8.02.01.00 <http://8.02.01.00> <http://8.02.01.00>) the
>     character that i see is not correct.
>      >
>      > How can i correct this problem ?
>      >
>      > --
>      > Yann
>
>     Do you use the ODBC ANSI or UNICODE driver? I'ts likely that your
>     problem can be found in that corner.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Stijn.
>
>     ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>     TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

> --
> Yann

Still I think the problem is to be found somewhere in that corner. I
myself use a dabase with UTF8 encoding in combination with the ODBC
UNICODE driver. I do howver add this to the connect settings of the
driver: SET CLIENT_ENCODING='LATIN1'

Maybe some of the charset/encoding experts can shed some more light on
this matter?

Regards, Stijn.