Performance of loop

От Gnanavel S
Тема Performance of loop
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
  First of all, I would like to thank the postgresql team for providing this wonderful product.

  Coming to the point, in postgresql jdbc driver coding, I saw many inefficient "for" loops. For eg in V2Query.class file
 While parsing the parameterized query, there is a "for" loop as this

for (int i = 0; i < query.length(); ++i)
{
char c = query.charAt(i);

}

In the above coding, say if the length of the query is 1000 characters then the query.length() is evaluated 1000 times there by reducing the performance.
 I think the loop can be rewritten as

for (int i = 0,c=query.length(); i < c; ++i)
{
char c = query.charAt(i);

}

with regards,