Re: PostgreSQL and Kubernetes

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and Kubernetes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/30/2017 03:10 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>     I was googling around while searching stuff to finish my cluster
> solution (already running in production in single-server mode) with
> barman and pgbouncer, when I ran into this
>
> https://hackernoon.com/postgresql-cluster-into-kubernetes-cluster-f353cde212de
>
> Since I'm on Google Cloud Platform, I thought it would be a good idea to
> see what it offers. After a quick read, I found a comment saying
> *"There was a series of comments by Kelsey Hightower about running
> databases in Kubernetes, both at conferences and on Twitter; he
> essentially says that you should absolutely NOT run your database in a
> container/kubernetes pod/service/deployment, as databases aren't built
> for type of dynamic scheduling that something like kubernetes (or any
> other container management solution), due to how they interact with the
> filesystem, network stack, and more.*
> *Further more, he suggests that because of this lack of integration,
> that if you do run your database in kubernetes/docker, you are very
> likely to encounter data corruption and data loss"*
>
> What's your advice?

I don't us eKubernetes, but I do know one of the former members of the
Postgres Core does:

https://opensource.com/article/17/2/stateful-applications

and delivered a talk at Scale15x on it:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/presentations/ccp-containerized-clustered-postgres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxmZv9xkc8s

Go to about 3 minutes in on the video as there are sound/video issues
before that.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Vick Khera
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL and Kubernetes