Re: [GENERAL] checkpoint clarifications needed

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] checkpoint clarifications needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/09/2017 06:47 AM, Tom DalPozzo wrote:
>         https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal-internals.html
>         <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal-internals.html>
>

>     "After a checkpoint has been made and the log flushed, the
>     checkpoint's position is saved in the file pg_control. Therefore, at
>     the start of recovery, the server first reads pg_control and then
>     the checkpoint record; then it performs the REDO operation by
>     scanning forward from the log position indicated in the checkpoint
>     record. Because the entire content of data pages is saved in the log
>     on the first page modification after a checkpoint (assuming
>     full_page_writes is not disabled), all pages changed since the
>     checkpoint will be restored to a consistent state."
>

> Hi, yes I know that, it's what I meant in my point 3). As it says first
>  "the checkpoint's position (NOT the record)is saved in the file
> pg_control" then I had some doubt.

Yes it is just one piece of information stored in the file.

To see what else is stored there do:

pg_controldata -D your_cluster_data_directory

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] checkpoint clarifications needed
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] checkpoint clarifications needed