Re: pg_dump problems: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: relation"pg_opfamily" does not exist

От Erwin Moller
Тема Re: pg_dump problems: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: relation"pg_opfamily" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Op 8/20/2019 om 2:07 PM schreef Ian Barwick:
> On 8/20/19 7:12 PM, Erwin Moller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While trying to move an old 8.1 Postgres install to a new server with
>> postgres 10.10, I get an error, listed hereunder:
>> I am trying to get a mydump_x_x_x.sql file to use to reinstall on the
>> target machine.
>>
>>  From my new machine I connect to my old machine like this:
>> erwin@ubuntu:~$  pg_dump -f "/home/erwin/mydump_$(date
>> +%d_%m_%Y).sql" -C -h somehost.com -p 5433 -U myvalidusername -d
>> myremotedb
>> Password:
>> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR:  relation "pg_opfamily"
>> does not exist
>> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: SELECT classid, objid,
>> refclassid, refobjid, deptype FROM pg_depend WHERE deptype != 'p' AND
>> deptype != 'e'
>> UNION ALL
>> SELECT 'pg_opfamily'::regclass AS classid, amopfamily AS objid,
>> refclassid, refobjid, deptype FROM pg_depend d, pg_amop o WHERE
>> deptype NOT IN ('p', 'e', 'i') AND classid = 'pg_amop'::regclass AND
>> objid = o.oid AND NOT (refclassid = 'pg_opfamily'::regclass AND
>> amopfamily = refobjid)
>> UNION ALL
>> SELECT 'pg_opfamily'::regclass AS classid, amprocfamily AS objid,
>> refclassid, refobjid, deptype FROM pg_depend d, pg_amproc p WHERE
>> deptype NOT IN ('p', 'e', 'i') AND classid = 'pg_amproc'::regclass
>> AND objid = p.oid AND NOT (refclassid = 'pg_opfamily'::regclass AND
>> amprocfamily = refobjid)
>> ORDER BY 1,2
>>
>> And no archive is created.
>>
>> Does any of you kind people have advice? I am sure this worked on
>> postgres9.
>
> It looks like this was broken just before 10.10 was released, and has
> since been fixed;
> see:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=6844adba54f7d96f30f834efc6d9aa1e52e5672d
>
> Your options are:
>  - find a 10.9 or earlier package and use the pg_dump from that
>  - build pg_dump yourself
>  - wait for 10.11 to come out (though I imagine that won't be for a
> month or two)
>

> Regards
>
> Ian Barwick

Thanks a lot, Ian!

That saved me an upcoming headache. I searched a lot on Google but
couldn't find any relevant information.

Will installing Postgres 11 also work? (Not the Ubuntu18.04 default for
Postgres, but doable).
Or does those pg_dump versions also expect pg_opfamily to exist?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Erwin Moller