Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>     That would entail building an AI into the code that would deal with
>     all the possible OS(versions), Postgres(versions), hardware
>     permutations.
>
> I... guess. If "AI" means "a series of ifs". Which is what software...
> is? I doubt that people who can make the world's most advanced open
> source database cannot check the amount of RAM and see how fast the
> CPU/disk is.

But the very nature of "embedded" implies the db is subservient to
something else, and that something else may need most of the resources.

But I heartily agree that tuning a server can be difficult.  It's highly
dependent on the context and hardware resources is only a portion of
that context.  I've seen generous help on this list for specific
configuration help.

Сообщение: Re: Can I get some PostgreSQL developer feedback on these five general issues I have with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem?