Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От David Steele
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/1/20 4:27 PM, David Steele wrote:

> Here's a thought. What if we just stored the oldest starting LSN and a
> count of how many backups have been requested. When the backup ends it
> checks that backup count is > 0 and starting LSN is <= its starting LSN.
> If not, it throws an error. When backups go to 0 FPWs are turned off if
> they were off before the first backup.

To be clear, the min starting LSN only needs to be reset when
incrementing total running backups from 0 to 1. What we are recording
here is the LSN since FPWs were enabled. As long as it is <= the start
LSN of the backup when it ends then all is well (I think).

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net