Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 2/20/19 3:22 PM, Tiffany Thang wrote:
Hi Adrian,
I managed to backup my table in parallel using -Fd but I'm back to my original issue where I could not restore the table to a different schema.

For example,
I would like to backup testuser1.mytable and restore it to testuser2.mytable.

pg_dump -U testuser1 -Fd -f c:\temp\testuser1 -j 8 -t mytable -h myserver testdb

where mytable is in testuser1 schema

The dump completed fine but when I attempted to restore the table using pg_restore to another database, it tried to create the table in testuser1 schema. The restore failed since testuser1 schema does not exist in the target database. When I created a testuser1 schema in the target database, the restore worked fine. Since the dump toc is in binary format, I could not make the change to reflect the new target schema, testuser2.

So, how should I go about restoring tables from one schema to a different schema name?

Thanks.

Tiff

Can you not simply rename the schema after importing it? Perhaps renaming an exiting version first, if necessary. Rename schema A to B; import schema A; rename A to C; rename B to A;