Profiling ERROR Conditions

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Profiling ERROR Conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm interested in getting some benchmark numbers from postgres in
situations that generate errors. Specifically, I'm trying to analyze
high-volume attempts to insert into tables such that unique constraints
(primary keys) are violated by duplicate keys.

EXPLAIN ANALYZE INSERT INTO ...

doesn't work because if the INSERT fails an ERROR is generated and no
statistics are returned. Does this mean that I'll just have to settle
for non-native benchmark/profiling numbers?

Just curious whether there's a native way to measure the performance
impact of ERROR conditions.

Thanks!

-tfo

--