Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-03-09 09:11, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I think after recovery is paused users will be better to restart the
> server rather than resume the recovery. I agree with this idea but I'm
> slightly concerned that users might not realize that recovery is
> paused until they look at that line in server log or at
> pg_stat_replication because the standby server is still functional. So
> I think we can periodically send WARNING to inform user that we're
> still waiting for parameter change and restart.

I think that would be annoying, unless you create a system for
configuring those periodic warnings.

I imagine in a case like having set max_prepared_transactions but never
actually using prepared transactions, people will just ignore the
warning until they have their next restart, so it could be months of
periodic warnings.