Re: database/table snapshot

От Asko Oja
Тема Re: database/table snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

We have script called cube_dispatcher in SkyTools that we we use for similar sounding purpose. We must provide daily snapshots of changes to online tables for Business Intelligence team. So we create trigger on every table that needs to be handled that writes changed records into queue and then cube_dispatcher writes these into daily inherited tables the BI team can conveniently import. That also provides easy way for dropping processed data.

PgQ: Cube Dispatcher
 Has url encoded events as data source and writes them into partitoned tables in
target database. Logutriga is used to create events.
 Used to provide batches of data for business intelligence and data cubes.
 Only one instance of each record is stored. For example if record is created and
then updated twice only latest version of record stays in that days table.
 Does not support deletes.

regards
Asko