Re: What is the Best Way to Learn PL/pgSQL?

От manjusri schuit
Тема Re: What is the Best Way to Learn PL/pgSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello
Besides the tip for oracle take a look at the some books on postgresql:

1)PHP and PostgreSQL Advanced Web Programming by
Ewald Geschwinde, Hans- Juergen Schoenig
Older version of postgresql <8.0 but prety nice examples ( from personal experiece verry usefull book on many aspects of postgresql)

2)PostgreSQL By Korry Douglas, Susan Douglas
thinks also older version of postgresql < 8.0 (don't know much about it)

With kind regards

--
Met vriendelijke groet
Manjusri Schuit

On 12/4/05, Marcus Engene <mengpg@engene.se> wrote:
operationsengineer1@yahoo.com wrote:
> hi all,
>
> what is the best way to learn PL/pgSQL?  I'm having
> difficulty finding tutorials, let alone onoes that
> make both the whys and hows simple to absorb for a
> newbie.
>
> should i search for PL/SQL tutorials or books and then
> apply what I learn over to PL/pgSQL?
>
> tia...

Hi,

I got started with pl/sql on oracle using their docs, which
are quite readable. Yes, it's not the same as pl/pgsql but
to get the concepts, it might be worth reading.

http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/oracle8/server.815/a67842/toc.htm

Best regards,
Marcus