Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Dunno. Even if an additional tap test would not be backpatched, it could
> be added on master. I'm basically sadden by pg test coverage, especially
> psql which is under 40%, so I try to grasp any improvement opportunity…
>
> See https://coverage.postgresql.org/

Maybe I misunderstand something, as I'm not familiar with TAP tests,
but hasn't psql no such test to begin with, as opposed to the
other programs in src/bin that have a t/ directory?

$ find . -name t
./pg_resetwal/t
./scripts/t
./pg_archivecleanup/t
./pg_verify_checksums/t
./pg_config/t
./pg_controldata/t
./pgbench/t
./pg_rewind/t
./pg_basebackup/t
./pg_dump/t
./initdb/t
./pg_ctl/t

In that case, the first thing we'd need is to add check and installcheck
targets in .../psql/Makefile, and a t/ directory with at least one Perl
script.
If that's the way to go forward, let's just do that in a patch
with a specific entry in the next CF like "Add TAP tests to psql".
Personally I'll be willing to submit and review new tests in t
independently of the patch discussed in $subject.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite