Safely Killing Backends (Was: Applications that leak connections)

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Safely Killing Backends (Was: Applications that leak connections)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there any stronger medicine that's available (for instance, when a
backend won't respond to SIGTERM) and has no unfortunate side effects?
I just ran into this situation the other day (and made the unfortunate
discovery that SIGABRT is as bad as SIGKILL as far as a postmaster is
concerned).

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell