Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Missing Postgis.control

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Missing Postgis.control
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On 06/16/2017 10:31 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> It doesn't say that it is needed for the initial installation as well.

Correct, that should be included in the (long) description.

> From UX viewpoint, it would be nice if "apt-get install
> postgresql-9.6-postgis-2.3" just worked.

It does. At least as long as you don't disable installation of
recommended packages *and* don't another version of the scripts
installed, already.

Actually, even just installing `postgis` does the trick, then.

>  My idea would be:
>
> Package: postgresql-9.6-postgis-2.3
> Depends: postgresql-9.6-postgis-scripts

IIRC that's what we had before, but reverted forth and back to versioned
scripts packages...

> ... users could even install older postgis extensions by using
> the correct CREATE EXTENSION ... VERSION command.

Does that work for older versions when postgis.control is from the most
current one? IIRC that's the only file that really requires the -scripts
packages to conflict.

> Hrm. I'll try discussing that with the colleagues here, maybe they
> have an idea.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Markus

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Missing Postgis.control
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Missing Postgis.control