Re: Postgres Process in Kernel Mode?

От Lexington Luthor
Тема Re: Postgres Process in Kernel Mode?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
moises wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m new in postgres SQL and I have some questions about the space where
> postgres process run.
>
> 1-Can any body say me what libs use postgres for make system calls, for
> example LIBC?
>
> 2-Can any body talk me if some postgres process can run in Linux kernel
> space?
>
> 3- Some body knows if exist some projects that ports postgres process on
> Linux kernel space.
>

> I was read some source code of postgres, like,
>
> Postgres.C and others…
>
> I was found C instructions like Printf, that’s prohibitive for Linux
> kernel applications, for example in kernel mode we use printk.
>
> I suppose that postgres are ported in a user space only. I’m Ok?
>

> Thanks
>
> Moises

You can do it (e.g. http://www.yl.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tosh/kml/) but why
would you want to? PG runs fine in userspace and I can see no particular
benefit to being in the kernel.

What exactly are you trying to do with it? Are you trying to interface
PG with some kernel facility?

LL

От: "Adrian Maier"
Сообщение: Re: float8 regression failure (HEAD, cygwin)