Re: a simple-minded question about updating

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: a simple-minded question about updating
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/18/23 21:08, Martin Mueller wrote:
> I work with Postgres and wonder whether for my purposes there is a
> good-enough reason to update one of these days.

Since you have not mentioned the Postgres version you are on now, there
is really no definitive way to answer this.

Though as a rule keeping up with minor updates to whatever major version
you running is a good idea. Should be noted that at some point ~5 years
from a version's initial release the minor updates will stop. That is
when community support ends. Then the answer to any problem you have
will start with; you should upgrade.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com