Re: Connection issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Connection issue
Дата
Re: Connection issue  (Maximilian Tyrtania <maximilian.tyrtania@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 2/6/19 7:18 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
> Well, the problem being a Parallels issue is just a wild theory of mine, it could well be something else. Honstly I
don'trecall updating anything in that area. As Mr. Gomez suggested I tried to

So from a previous post:

 > Have you recently updated any of the involved software?

Well, sure, but after I saw I couldn't connect ...

So what happened in the interval between the time you could connect and
the time you could not?

> ping - worked
> telnet - did not work (infact I couldn't telnet anywhere)

In my experience telnet is generally disabled these days.

> tracert - worked
>
> from my windows 10 box (didn't bother to check on my Mac as I have noc issues there). Still curious as to why the
serverwould say "Connection reset by peer".

Well if you are running Windows --> Parallels --> OS X(Mac) --> Serve,
you are effectively testing the Mac also.

As to 'Connection reset by peer':

A grep of the Postgres source find this:

interfaces/libpq/win32.c

* Contains table and functions for looking up win32 socket error
* descriptions. But will/may contain other win32 helper functions
* for libpq.

WSAECONNRESET, "Connection reset by peer"

Looking up WSAECONNRESET finds this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/WinSock/windows-sockets-error-codes-2

WSAECONNRESET
10054

Connection reset by peer.
     An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This
normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly
stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is
disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more
information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error
may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity
detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress.
Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent
operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "mahesh.sp"
Сообщение: Calling rest service from postgresql functions and stored proc
От: Maximilian Tyrtania
Сообщение: Re: Connection issue