Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Tom Lane wrote:

> OK.  I fixed the error-cleanup issue and pushed it.
>
> The patch applied cleanly back to 9.5, but the code for \g is a good
> bit different in 9.4.  I didn't have the interest to try to make the
> patch work with that, so I just left 9.4 alone.

Thanks!

Now as far as I can see, there is nothing that \copy to file or program
can do that COPY TO STDOUT cannot do. The next thing would be to
figure out how to similarly improve COPY FROM in psql, after which
\copy might be seen as obsolete.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité