Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/14/18 6:58 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Just realized the question I should have asked is:
>> How did you get the pg_dumpall file processed by Postgres?
>> In other words how did you do it without a password?
>
>    As user postgres I entered the command
> $ psql -f dump-all.sql
>
>    In any case, I need to back up because I missed something when
> initializing the cluster.
>
>    ps ax | grep postgres
>
> shows a number of processes, but psql tells me there's no server running,
> and there is no postmaster.opts or postmaster.pid in the data directory.
>
>    I can delete contents of the data directory and re-initdb, or re-install
> the application and start from scratch.

It was running when you did this:

psql -f dump-all.sql

correct?

Seems to me it is a start up script issue.

Have you rebooted the computer since the last time Postgres ran?

Is there a startup script in init.d/ or where ever your scripts are?

Can you start the server manually using pg_ctl?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Сообщение: Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version