Re: [GENERAL] looking for a globally unique row ID

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: [GENERAL] looking for a globally unique row ID
Дата
Список pgsql-general

W dniu 16.09.2017 o 09:33, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais pisze:

[-------------]

> I wrote something about this some years ago, this might do the trick for you, maybe with some adjustments depending
onyour schema. The main idea should help anyway. See:

> http://blog.ioguix.net/postgresql/2015/02/05/Partitionning-and-constraints-part-1.html

For the document management schema I need a way to avoid partitioning of
"process-tables", and still be able to FK from it into the document
class forest of inherited tables. Just uniqueness of IDs across that
forest is not enough ... although nice to have, I admit. Good & handy
article. I'll keep a reference to it.

Thenx,

-R