Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-02-01 09:27, Corey Huinker wrote:
>  0001.if_endif.v4.diff

A few thoughts after a quick try:

I dislike the ease with which one gets stuck inside an \if block, in
interactive mode.

(for instance, in my very first session, I tried   '\? \if'  to see if
there is more info in that help-screen, but it only displays the normal
help screen.  But after that one cannot exit with  \q  anymore, and
there is no feedback of any kind (prompt?) in which black hole one has
ended up.  Only a \endif  provides rescue.)

Therefore making it possible to break out of \if-mode with Ctrl-C would
be an improvement, I think.
I would even prefer it when  \q would exit psql always, even from within
\if-mode.

Also, shouldn't  the prompt change inside an \if block?

thanks,

Erik Rijkers