Re: Autovacuum, dead tuples and bloat

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Autovacuum, dead tuples and bloat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/22/24 13:13, Shenavai, Manuel wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. This is what I found:
>
> - pg_locks  shows only one entry for my DB (I filtered by db oid). The entry is related to the relation "pg_locks"
(AccessShareLock).

Which would be the SELECT you did on pg_locks.

> - pg_stat_activity shows ~30 connections (since the DB is in use, this is expected)

The question then is, are any of those 30 connections holding a
transaction open that needs to see the data in the affected table and is
keeping autovacuum from recycling the tuples?

You might need to look at the Postgres logs to determine the above.
Logging connections/disconnections helps as well at least 'mod' statements.

See:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

for more information.

> Is there anything specific I should further look into in these tables?
>
> Regarding my last post: Did we see a problem in the logs I provided in my previous post? We have seen that there are
819294n_live_tup in the toast-table. Do we know how much space these tuple use?  Do we know how much space one tuple
use?

You will want to read:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/storage-toast.html

Also:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-admin.html

9.27.7. Database Object Management Functions

There are functions there that show table sizes among other things.

pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Shenavai, Manuel"
Сообщение: RE: Autovacuum, dead tuples and bloat
От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump restores as expected on some machines and reports duplicate keys on others