Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/16/24 08:59, HORDER Philip wrote:
> Classified as: {OPEN}
>
> Adrian,
>
>> Still your contention was that autovacuum quit running after the initial restore and that is not the case....
>
> This Postgres server has been restarted a few times since 2nd May most recently on Tuesday 14th, hence the more
recentanalyze status.

Assuming clean shutdowns the statistics will survive restarts. They
would be wiped when you drop a database and start over, have an unclean
shutdown or you use one of the reset functions from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-STATS-FUNCTIONS

28.2.25. Statistics Functions

> We've had some problems with our data feeds on this integration system, but these are now running again.
> I'm planning to leave it all alone until I'm back in the office on Tuesday, and run this query again for a few tables
andsend you an update.

> I'm expecting no further stats analysis, (and the performance to be appalling).

 From here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-logging.html

log_autovacuum_min_duration

In addition, when this parameter is set to any value other than -1, a
message will be logged if an autovacuum action is skipped due to a
conflicting lock or a concurrently dropped relation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com