Re: SQLExecDirectW returns SQL_SUCCESS even if sql finishes witherror

От Clemens Ladisch
Тема Re: SQLExecDirectW returns SQL_SUCCESS even if sql finishes witherror
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Takahashi, Ryohei wrote:
> Anyway, I think it is a problem that SQLExecDirectW() returns SQL_SUCCESS even if sql finishes with error.

When client_min_messages set that high, the server never reports the
error.  So the ODBC driver cannot do much about it; at best, it could
report something like "I do not know the status", but that is not
actually possible in the ODBC API.

> He wanted to reduce server logs later and set ... client_min_messages = fatal.

Setting "client_min_messages = fatal" literally means "I do not want to
know about normal errors."

This is an error in the documentation.
I've submitted a bug report: <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/15479-ef0f4cc2fd995ca2%40postgresql.org>

Regards,