Re: [BUGS] BUG #11608: ODBC driver crashes after wrong password entered

От Eric Hill
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #11608: ODBC driver crashes after wrong password entered
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Okay, I'll do my best.

Perhaps the first key to the scenario is that when you use the ODBC Administrator in Windows to set up the PostgreSQL
DSN,the UI from the PostgreSQL driver is going to want a valid user name and password, which it stores in the registry.
After doing that, go to the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\<PostgreSQL DSN>) and blank out the
password.

In our application, we call SQLDriverConnect passing in a connection string that includes a user name but no password,
and,importantly, we pass SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE as the last parameter.  So we are requesting that the driver prompt for
connectioninformation if it can't connect with the string we've passed in.  It is at that point that the bad password
issupplied, and that's when the access violation, sometimes, occurs.  This morning, even I am having trouble
reproducingthe crash.  It does not happen every time.  Our testers in China seem to have better luck.

Eric