Possible defects with extensions in pgadmin3-1.14.2

От James B. Byrne
Тема Possible defects with extensions in pgadmin3-1.14.2
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
CentOS-6.2
PostgreSQL-9.1.2
PGAdmin3-1.14.2

All installed via yum from repo at postgresql.org.

I previously sent this report to the pg users list:

First:
When viewing the properties of the plpgsql extension the
sql pane of the properties window of PGAdmin incorrectly
gives the command ALTER EXTENSION 'plpgsql' OWNER TO . . .

OWNER is not valid syntax for the ALTER EXTENSION command.Instead it should be ALTER LANGUAGE ;plpgsql' OWNER TO .
. .

Second:
I encountered a strange inconsistency with PGAdmin3-1.14.2
relating to this.  After executing "ALTER LANGUAGE plpgsql
OWNER TO devl;" in the SQL query pane inside PGAdmin3 the
extension ownership change is never reflected in the
object properties pane.

Even when disconnecting and reconnecting to the server
after making the the change the properties pane of the
extension in that database continues to show the plpgsql
extension owner as postgres.  psql on the other hand
immediately shows that the new language owner is as
expected following the change inside PGAdmin3.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3