Re: CVS checkout source code for different branches

От M Z
Тема Re: CVS checkout source code for different branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrew,

Could you please give a little more detail how I can find different CVS branches?

Thanks,
M Z

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

M Z wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to checkout code from different branches (such as 8.3, 8.4).

I found a few ways to checkout code from CVS:
1. webCVS: http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/

2. cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs:password@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co -P pgsql

3. $ rsync --progress -avzCH --delete anoncvs.postgresql.org::pgsql-cvs $CVSROOT

However, how can I checkout code from different branches (such as 8.3, 8.4)?

CVS is documented here, among other places: <http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.20/cvs.html>

To check out a particular branch such as REL8_4_STABLE, use the -r option on the checkout command:

  cvs checkout -r branchname

cheers

andrew