Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance

От David Wilson
Тема Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance
Дата
Re: [PERFORM] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Marko Kreen<markokr@gmail.com> wrote:

> From security standpoint, wasting more cycles on bad passwords is good,
> as it decreases the rate bruteforce password scanning can happen.
>
> And I cannot imagine a scenario where performance on invalid logins
> can be relevant..

DoS attacks. The longer it takes to reject an invalid login, the fewer
invalid login attempts it takes to DoS the server.

--
- David T. Wilson
david.t.wilson@gmail.com