Re: postgres 3.7 unexpected closing of connections

От Andrew Maclean
Тема Re: postgres 3.7 unexpected closing of connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I did a fresh installation after deleting every reference to postgres
and pgAdmin in the registry and removing the relevant folders.
It looks as if the installation fails when loading additional modules.
I also think host should be localhost at this stage.

Here is a portion of the log that shows a definite error:

Script output:
Starting postgresql-8.3
Service postgresql-8.3 started successfully
startserver.vbs ran to completion

Script stderr:

Executing cscript
Script exit code: 2

Script output:
Installing pl/pgsql in the template1 databases...
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
    Is the server running on host "???" and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Failed to install pl/pgsql in the 'template1' database
Installing the adminpack module in the postgres database...
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
    Is the server running on host "???" and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Failed to install the 'adminpack' module in the 'postgres' database
loadmodules.vbs ran to completion

Script stderr:
Program ended with an error exit code

Error running cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\installer\server\loadmodules.vbs" "postgres" ""
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3" "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data" 5432 : Program ended with an error exit
code
Error running cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\installer\server\loadmodules.vbs" "postgres" "x"
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3" "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data" 5432 : Program ended with an error exit
code
Write the data directory to the ini file...
Write the port number, service ID, locale and superuser to the ini file...

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Andrew Maclean <a.maclean@cas.edu.au> wrote:
> I'll check this out but I am puzzled as to why it suddenly appeared after
> upgrading.

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems
The Rose Street Building J04