Re: Database owner can't select

От Kevin Galligan
Тема Re: Database owner can't select
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think I was confusing owner of database and owner of each object.  I assumed if you owned the database you could do what you wanted with the tables in the database.

Assumptions are bad.

Thanks for the response.

> set up and I can log in as that user.  I've set the owner of the simple
> database to that user with 'ALTER DATABASE [db] OWNER TO [user]', and this
> user shows up as the owner with '\l+'.  Yet, I can't do anything with the
> database as that user.

Ownership of a database doesn't imply much except the right to drop the
DB as a whole.  In particular, it has essentially nothing to do with
privileges on pre-existing objects within the database.

> However, from what I can gather from reading this...
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/privileges.html
> the owner should be able to do this kind of stuff without explicitly adding
> privs.

Where do you get that from?  It's certainly not the intended meaning.

Perhaps what you want to do is also ALTER OWNER on each
table/function/etc within the database.