Re: remaining sql/json patches

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: remaining sql/json patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was experimenting with the v42 patches, and I think the handling of ON
EMPTY / ON ERROR clauses may need some improvement. The grammar is
currently defined like this:

    | json_behavior ON EMPTY_P json_behavior ON ERROR_P

This means the clauses have to be defined exactly in this order, and if
someone does

    NULL ON ERROR NULL ON EMPTY

it results in syntax error. I'm not sure what the SQL standard says
about this, but it seems other databases don't agree on the order. Is
there a particular reason to not allow both orderings?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches