Re: check_strxfrm_bug()

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: check_strxfrm_bug()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07.07.23 22:30, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Thinking about how to bring this all into "normal" form -- where
> HAVE_XXX means "system defines XXX", not "system defines XXX || we
> define a replacement"

HAVE_XXX means "code can use XXX", doesn't matter how it got there (it
could also be a libpgport replacement).

So I don't think this code is correct.  AFAICT, there is nothing right
now that can possibly define HAVE_MBSTOWCS_L on Windows/MSVC.  Was that
the intention?

I think these changes would need to be reverted to make this correct:

-# MSVC has replacements defined in src/include/port/win32_port.h.
-if cc.get_id() == 'msvc'
-  cdata.set('HAVE_WCSTOMBS_L', 1)
-  cdata.set('HAVE_MBSTOWCS_L', 1)
-endif