Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2024-01-05 at 12:49 +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> Can you please provide an example using postgres_fdw to create a
> subscription using this patch. I think we should document it in
> postgres_fdw and add a test for the same.

There's a basic test for postgres_fdw in patch 0003, just testing the
syntax and validation.

A manual end-to-end test is pretty straightforward:

  -- on publisher
  create table foo(i int primary key);
  create publication pub1 for table foo;
  insert into foo values(42);

  -- on subscriber
  create extension postgres_fdw;
  create table foo(i int primary key);
  create server server1
    foreign data wrapper postgres_fdw
    options (host '/tmp', port '5432', dbname 'postgres');
  create user mapping for u1 server server1
    options (user 'u1');
  select pg_conninfo_from_server('server1','u1',true);
  create subscription sub1 server server1 publication pub1;

I don't think we need to add an end-to-end test for each FDW, because
it's just using the assembled connection string. To see if it's
assembling the connection string properly, we can unit test with
pg_conninfo_from_server().

Regards,
    Jeff Davis