Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Dmitry Koval
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Attached is a patch with corrections based on comments in previous
letters (I think these corrections are not final).
I'll be very grateful for feedbacks and bug reports.

11.04.2024 20:00, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
 > may be an attempt to merge into implicit
 > pg_temp should fail just like CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ... does?

Corrected. Result is:

\d+ s1.*
Table "s1.tp0"
Table "s1.tp1"
\d+ tp*
Did not find any relation named "tp*".

12.04.2024 5:20, Robert Haas wrote:
 > We definitely shouldn't copy the schema name from the parent table.

Fixed.

12.04.2024 5:20, Robert Haas wrote:
 > One of the things I dislike about this type of feature -- not this
 > implementation specifically, but just this kind of idea in general --
 > is that the syntax mentions a whole bunch of tables but in a way where
 > you can't set their properties. Persistence, reloptions, whatever.

In next releases I want to allow specifying options (probably, first of
all, specifying tablespace of the partitions).
But before that, I would like to get a users reaction - what options
they really need?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Koval