Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/20/2017 11:45 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> So do you have any suggestions for actually fixing that? Given that
>> we have more lists to migrate, if you can figure out a way to make
>> those changes without peoples filters not matching, we'd be happy to
>> hear it..
>
> I was thinking about that. I was actually surprised at how many people
> this affected. It only affected one filter for me so it wasn't that
> big of a deal. One thing I would note is that there is no longer a
> footer that tells people what to do if they want to unsubscribe.
> Perhaps one thing that could be done is a header (for a temporary time
> period) that says:
>
> The mailing list software of Postgresql.org has changed. Please see
> this page on instructions on how to manage your subscription and filters.
>
> And then after the temporary time period that becomes a footer?

I would also note that removing the ability to unsubscribe in an
standard fashion is rather user unfriendly. Although many spammers
require that you go to a website, we rarely (I have never seen it) have
to log in to unsubscribe from a list. If you add that most people and
especially people that are on this list are going to be used to using
email to subscribe/unsubscribe...

Thanks,

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.org