Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"
Дата
Ответы Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/11/2018 16:54, Tom Lane wrote:
> I looked into SQL:2011 to see what it has to say about this.  In
> 10.4 <routine invocation>, syntax rule 9) g) iii) says
>
>     For each SQL parameter Pi, 1 (one) ≤ i ≤ SRNP, that is an output SQL
>     parameter or both an input SQL parameter and an output SQL parameter,
>     XAi shall be a <target specification>.
>
> The immediately preceding rules make it clear that XAi is the actual
> argument corresponding to parameter Pi *after* default-insertion and
> named-argument reordering.  So our existing behavior here clearly
> contradicts the spec: DEFAULT is not a <target specification>.

Note that parameter defaults with output parameters was only added in
SQL:2016.