Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2021-11-04 at 12:37 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't have anything specific to propose, which I realize is kind of
> unhelpful ... but I don't like this, either.

We can go back to having a pg_checkpoint predefined role that is only
used for the CHECKPOINT command.

The only real argument against that was a general sense of clutter, but
I wasn't entirely convinced of that. If we have a specialized command,
we have all kinds of clutter associated with that; a predefined role
doesn't add much additional clutter.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis