Re: [GENERAL] PgPool or alternatives

От Simon Windsor
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PgPool or alternatives
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

Thanks for the reply. We were not planning to use pgPools connection
pool mode, but its replication mode.

Our tests with pgPool allow us to install a backup db via pgPool to each
node, and tests loads overnight of 10+GB of inserts/updates/deletes all
work fine, with only a slight loss of performance vs a standalone DB.

I was wondering if there is another option that will allow me to spool
all ALTER|CREATE|DELETE|DROP|INSERT|UPDATE commands to all nodes, and
SELECTs to any of the connected nodes. The apllication can actually
handle separate READ|WRITE nodes from how it was written for Oracle.

Simon

--
Simon Windsor

Eml: simon.windsor@cornfield.me.uk
Tel: 01454 617689
Mob: 0755 197 9733

“There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers
priceonly is that man's lawful prey.”

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Doubts regarding postgres Security
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Doubts regarding postgres Security