Re: varlena beyond 1GB and matrix

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: varlena beyond 1GB and matrix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/7/16 5:50 AM, Kohei KaiGai wrote:
> If and when this structure is fetched from the tuple, its @ptr_block
> is initialized to NULL. Once it is supplied to a function which
> references a part of blocks, type specific code can load sub-matrix
> from the toast relation, then update the @ptr_block not to load the
> sub-matrix from the toast multiple times.
> I'm not certain whether it is acceptable behavior/manner.

I'm glad you're looking into this. The 1G limit is becoming a larger
problem every day.

Have you considered using ExpandedObjects to accomplish this? I don't
think the API would work as-is, but I suspect there's other places where
we'd like to be able to have this capability (arrays and JSONB come to
mind).
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)