Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
dananrg@yahoo.com wrote on 29.05.2006 13:06:
> Thanks. What about DIA - http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/
>
> ...or DB Designer - http://fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/ (this one claims
> to be feature-equivalent, or in the sphere of, products like Oracle's
> Designer, ERWin, and Rational Rose.

This is not maintained any longer (unfortunately because I really like it). And
the support for non-MySQL databases is nearly non-existing.

As the actual model is saved in XML I wrote an XSLT task to convert the
DbDesigner to an Oracle SQL script (CREATE TABLE....). It shouldn't be that hard
to adjust it for Postgres. If anyone is interested I can post it (the Oracle
version) here.

Regards
Thomas