Re: Speed of lo_unlink vs. DELETE on BYTEA

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Speed of lo_unlink vs. DELETE on BYTEA
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Reuven M. Lerner wrote:

> 1.1 1,000 records
> ==================
>
>                   Delete    Dump
>  ---------------+---------+--------
>   Empty content   0.172s    0.057s
>   bytea           0.488s    0.066s
>   large object    30.833s   9.275s

How much bytea are you dumping for it to take only 0.066s?
The fact that it takes about the same time than dumping the "empty content"
looks very suspicious.

On my desktop machine, if I create a table with 1000 blobs containing strings
of 5 million 'x', which is what I understood you basically did (perhaps I
misunderstood?), then it takes about 200s to dump it with pg_dump -Fc

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org