Re: BUG #14233: getting the size if the database failing with permission denied error

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #14233: getting the size if the database failing with permission denied error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 07/07/2016 17:01, ssatyasrinivas@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      14233
> Logged by:          Satya Sunkara
> Email address:      ssatyasrinivas@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.9
> Operating system:   windows
>
> when we do the backup, we do query the DB for size and name using following
> select statement:
>
> select p.datname,pg_database_size(p.datname) from pg_database p
>
> This query is throws error:
>
> PQresultStatus indicates failure for select
> p.datname,pg_database_size(p.datname) from pg_database p. Error:ERROR:
> could not stat file "base/95821/272574": Permission denied
>
> Is there any resolution for this?

This is not a bug, such a question should be sent on a mailing list like
pgsql-general.

Your problem is that the system user running the cluster (probably
"postgres") doesn't have access on this file anymore. You should
investigate why and how file permission has been changed, and restore
the regular permissions.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14150: Attempted to delete invisible tuple
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14150: Attempted to delete invisible tuple