Re: Building psql.exe using the free Borland compiler

От ljb
Тема Re: Building psql.exe using the free Borland compiler
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Found this in the archive from a month or so ago:

>> > Has anybody succeeded in building psql from 8.1.3 using bcc55?
> OK, I originally had in the Makefile:
>
>    echo \#define SYSCONFDIR "" > pg_config_paths.h
>
> I changed it to:
>
>    echo \#define SYSCONFDIR \"\" > pg_config_paths.h
>
> I hope that properly puts quotes in the file.
>
> Done.  Applied patch attached.

This change is causing me grief when trying to compile libpq from
PostgreSQL-8.1.4 using Borland BCC32. The above echo command puts
exactly this into my pg_config_paths.h:       #define SYSCONFDIR \"\"
which irks the compiler when building fe-connect.c
I had to change it to this in the Makefile:     echo \#define SYSCONFDIR "" > pg_config_paths.h
Before suggesting undoing this patch, can anyone else verify which version
works for them?