Re: Debugging postgres on Windows - could not open directory "/lib"

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Debugging postgres on Windows - could not open directory "/lib"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/23/23 17:16, Cathy Xie wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 1:21 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 2/21/23 17:18, Cathy Xie wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 6:54 AM Adrian Klaver
>     <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>
>      >
>      > Hi Adrian,
>      >
>      > Thanks for your email!
>      >
>      >     1) How did you build it?
>      >
>      >
>      > I installed ActivateState Perl, Bison, and Flex. Then I ran the
>     command
>      > ```build Debug``` under directory postgres/src/tools/msvc
>      >
>      >     2) Open pgsql.sln in a text editor and report the results here.
>      >
>      > Here was the result when I opened pgsql.sln in Visual Studio
>     2022, and
>      > ran the postgres.exe.
>
>     1) That just repeats the error message from your previous post.
>
>     2) Please use copy and paste of text instead of screenshots. Those
>     of us
>     with old eyes would appreciate it.
>
>     3) Per previous request:
>
>              Open pgsql.sln in a text editor and report the results here.
>
>              It is the contents of pgsql.sln that I am looking for.
>
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thanks for your time and patience!  Sorry for my misunderstanding.
>
> The following is the contents of pgsql.sln.  I look forward to hearing
> back from you.

Well I guess I should be careful what I ask for:). That looks like a
Registry dump and is incomprehensible to me. More to the point I do not
see anywhere that it directly mentions the /lib referenced in the error
message: 'FATAL: could not open directory "/lib": No such file or
directory.'. I'm guessing that is buried somewhere in all the references
in the file.

At this point I am running out of ideas due to my limited knowledge
building software on Windows. The only thing I can think of now is that
in a previous post you said:

I installed ActivateState Perl, Bison, and Flex. Then I ran the command
```build Debug``` under directory postgres/src/tools/msvc

 From here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-windows-full.html

did you do?:

18.1.4. Cleaning and Installing

Most of the time, the automatic dependency tracking in Visual Studio
will handle changed files. But if there have been large changes, you may
need to clean the installation. To do this, simply run the clean.bat
command, which will automatically clean out all generated files. You can
also run it with the dist parameter, in which case it will behave like
make distclean and remove the flex/bison output files as well.

By default, all files are written into a subdirectory of the debug or
release directories. To install these files using the standard layout,
and also generate the files required to initialize and use the database,
run the command:

install c:\destination\directory

If you want to install only the client applications and interface
libraries, then you can use these commands:

install c:\destination\directory client

> Thanks,
> Cathy
>
> ```
> Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00
> # Visual Studio 2022

>      >
>      > Screenshot_20230222_091621.png
>      > I look forward to hearing back from you.
>      >
>      > Thanks!
>      > Cathy
>      >