Re: hashlittle(), hashbig(), hashword() and endianness

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: hashlittle(), hashbig(), hashword() and endianness
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On 11/16/07, Alex Vinokur <alexvn@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I would like to use both hashlittle() and hashword() (or
> hashword_little) on little-endian and big-endian machine and to get
> identical hashValues.

Whats wrong with hashlittle()?  It does use the same optimized
reading on LE platform that hashword() does.  Or you could wrap
the read values with some int2le() macro that is NOP on LE cpu.
Although I suspect the performance wont be better than using
hashlittle() directly.

--
marko

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fulltext parser strange behave
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fulltext parser strange behave