Re: Postgres 11 release notes

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Дата
Re: Postgres 11 release notes  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 9/12/18 1:34 PM, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:08:52AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 11 release notes.  I
>> will add more markup soon.  You can view the most current version here:
>>
>>     http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-11.html
>
> The first item of section 'E.1.3.10. Server Applications' is mine and
> has this TODO (though maybe that should be better marked up?) text:
>
> |IS IT CLEAR FROM THE DOCS THAT THE REPLICATION SLOT IS NOT TEMPORARY?
>
> So I guess we need to decide on that before release. The current doc is
> AFAIK:
>
> | This option causes the replication slot specified by the
> | option <literal>--slot</literal> to be created before starting the
> | backup.  In this case, an error is raised if the slot already exists.
>
> I guess it does not hurt to have something like "to be (permanently)
> created before starting", but what do others think?  Is it clear enough?

Attached are two patches.

The first modifies the major improvements section to align with what we
have discovered during the beta period + the general advocacy push. It
also modifies the "last updated date" + narrows down a prospective
release month.

The second modifies/removes the questions/placeholders in the release
notes, such as Michael's comment above (which I agreed with and added a
one sentence explanation after).

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения