Re: [HACKERS] Queuing all tables for analyze after recovery

От Tomasz Ostrowski
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Queuing all tables for analyze after recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/19/2017 10:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Uh ... recommended by whom?  pg_statistic has exactly the same reliability
> guarantees as the rest of the system catalogs.

Actually I'm not exactly sure what is lost and what is preserved. I'm
pretty sure that pg_stat_all_tables and similar views turn out with no
data after a failover.

Also I have some experience with badly performing databases after a
failover, which went back to normal performance after whole cluster
analyze. This email from AWS suggests that it's not only me.

> I don't deny that there might be cases where this is worth doing, but
> it does not seem so likely that it should be part of one's standard
> checklist.  Much less something that we should expend a great deal
> of effort to automate.

I assumed that the effort here shouldn't be that large. I imagined a
simple check if the statistics are missing when considering tables for
analyze by autovacuum. But I'm not a programmer, so I might misestimate
this effort badly.

--
Regards,
Tomasz "Tometzky" Ostrowski