Re: Postmaster cannot start

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Postmaster cannot start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
""Chun Yit(Chronos)"" <ivanbeh@chronos.com.my> wrote
> saw from the log file, it's possible that server crash during
> vacuum process...
>
> Question :
> 1) what happen to my database server? what the error meaning?

It looks like index "pg_class_relname_nsp_index" (which is an index on
pg_class) is corrupted. But not sure why it reports the following error
message (which looks like a post-commit cleanup caused error):

    DEBUG:  AbortCurrentTransaction
    PANIC:  cannot abort transaction 14135438, it was already committed

> 2) it is my daily maintenance routine causing that?
No.

> 3) it is ok to run vacuum full every day ?
Yes. There is no apparent bad side effect of vacuum full except that it
would block other accesses on the target table. But since you do it per
day(guess you do it on a nightly schedule), so this should not be a
problem.

> 4) how can i solve this problem?

The base table pg_class should be ok(pg_class_oid_ind indicates both
have the same cardinality). Try to reindex pg_class as the superuser.

Regards,
Qingqing