Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

От torikoshia
Тема Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-10-25 12:40, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:04 PM James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> While that decision as regards auto_explain has long since been made
>> (and there would be work to undo it), I don't believe that we should
>> repeat that choice here. I'm -10 on moving this into auto_explain.
>>

> Right.
>
>> However perhaps there is still an opportunity for moving some of the
>> auto_explain code into core so as to enable deduplicating the code.
>>

> Right. That's what I also think.

Thanks for your comments.

Attached patch adds a new function which assembles es->str for logging
according to specified contents and format.
This is called from both auto_explain and pg_log_query_plan().

On 2023-10-11 16:22, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> I am also wondering whether it's better to report the WARNING as
> status column in the output.

Attached patch left as it was since the inconsistency with
pg_terminate_backend() and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() as you
pointed out.

--
Regards,

--